I kept to my goal of losing 2 pounds for the week, for a total weight loss of 5 lb! Again, Friday night was my biggest challenge. Yes, you guessed it—we hit the brewery and the Old Place. I kept to the food portion of my diet, but because of drinks, I did wind up calling Friday night a cheat night. Maybe I need to move!
Of course when I eat at home and have my pre-made meals from California Chef, it is much easier for me to stay on track. I am finding I love anything w/ lean ground turkey. I loved my Turkey Chili Mac & Cheese, Turkey Meatballs, Turkey Genovese Pizza, and of course my Guiltless Turkey Nachos last week. Try the nachos and let me know what you think:
Guiltless Turkey Nachos: 340 Calories
1 brown rice tortilla (or whole wheat)
¼ cup pinto beans
¼ cup salsa
2 oz. cooked lean ground turkey
¼ cup 2% Mexican cheese
2 tsp. chopped cilantro
2 tsp. chopped green onion
2 tsp. chopped jalapeños
- Spray the tortilla w/olive oil cooking spray and cut into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Place 6 of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a plate.
- Spread beans on chips.
- Toss turkey in salsa and then spread over beans.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of turkey, and then top with cilantro, onions, and jalapeños.
- Microwave or bake in oven when ready to eat.