If you made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight, you don’t have to blow it on Super Bowl Sunday. This simplified California Chef recipe for Guiltless Turkey Nachos is less than 400 calories per serving, and it’s satisfyingly delicious. Not only are these nachos healthy and diet friendly, but they are even gluten free!
Recipe Serves 4
- The secret of this recipe is the chips. Take 4 brown rice tortillas and spray them with a touch of olive oil spray.
- Dust them with any pre-made Mexican seasoning, or a mix of cumin, chili powder, and cayenne.
- Cut the tortillas as if you were slicing a pizza into 8 pieces. Place the resulting triangles on a baking sheet, and bake at 375° for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the chips are crisping, brown 16 oz. of lean ground turkey in a pan with ½ cup of your favorite salsa.
- When chips are crisp, top with 1 cup of pinto beans.
- Distribute the turkey evenly over the beans.
- Cover turkey with 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese made with 2% milk (you’ll find this cheese at almost any grocery store).
- Top with chopped cilantro, green onions, and jalapeños.
- Serve with salsa and fat-free sour cream.
- Enjoy the game while staying on track with your commitment to lose weight.